"The only way to keep your health is to eat what you don't want, drink what you don't like, and do what you'd rather not." Mark Twain
ShareCare for Healthcare
and Nursing Care Homes, Hospitals, Day Centres and Learning Disability establishments can find it
difficult to reconcile their budgets with the expectations presented by local authorities, doctors, patients’
families, and - most importantly – the patients themselves.
Working closely with our suppliers and their product development teams, specialist advice is available to help meet the needs of clients with a variety of dietary and non-dietary requirements including dysphagia, diabetes and dementia.
Our national and local suppliers can provide you with access to a range of Branded and Own Brand products covering your ambient, frozen and chilled goods, fresh produce and meat and dairy needs. Through effective supplier relationships, we are able to provide our clients with the best possible pricing and consistent product quality and service levels.
The importance of providing high quality food within a varied and balanced menu to residents and their visitors cannot be over-emphasised. It differentiates between providers, is often a major factor affecting a family's selection of establishment and can even play an important role in maintaining the moral of residents and staff.
Superior brands with quality products and ingredients help to maintain this level, but can come at a cost. ShareCare helps ensure that pricing for branded goods is kept competitive, not only through strong negotiation with its partner suppliers, but also through specialist deals with major manufacturers such as Tetley, Kraft and Unilever. These well-known manufacturers support countless household brands at pricing which keeps them affordable.
The specialist dietary needs of residents are becoming an increasingly important topic for healthcare catering and care operators. The provision of a varied menu offering the right health benefits is essential. Nutritionists have continued to focus on improving the range of options available and our suppliers to the healthcare sector continue to work on new solutions to meet customers' needs and provide a high level of both dietary information and support.
With an ageing population, government intervention and the implementation of new guidelines, public and private care operators are required to meet strict nutritional requirements while remaining within budget. ShareCare's Suppliers work to the highest standards of due diligence and traceability and can supply a range of organic, Fair Trade and Rainforest Alliance products.
ShareCare strives to stay updated on its clients' market situation and help them to obtain relevant information relating to their industry. This is why we have established co-operation with Care Talk to stay close to recent healthcare and procurement news and pass the relevant information on to you.
often require specialist Melamine Cutlery and Crockery that
helps to maintain good levels of nutrition and high care standards.
If you are also searching for a competitive offer on Furniture specifically designed for the needs of elderly patients, we can help you obtain the best value and advice on the appropriate chair models. You would be able to choose from the variety of fabrics, colours and styles to suit your establishment interiors.
Some of the areas where we might be able to help are:
- Catering Equipment: working with big Catering Equipment companies such as Brakes and 3663, we have access to considerable savings with up to 30% off expensive heavy catering equipment and enjoy discounts on related products.
- Tableware: we have a broad range of crockery, cutlery and glassware suitable for both children and adults with prices at least 5% cheaper than Nisbet with a further 5% off as a ShareCare client. There is also 10% discount available on light equipment for ShareCare only.
- Cleaning and Hygiene: our suppliers offer a complete range of cleaning products including a comprehensive range of environmentally friendly disinfectants for fighting MRSA viruses and combating the spread of Flu in public areas at competitive pricing suitable for all budgets.
- Stationery & Office Supplies: we can offer a complete 'one-stop' solution for all Stationery, Computer, Furniture, and General Equipment to both office and classroom environments. Apart from discounts we also guarantee quarterly pricing stability and bigger discounts based on volume purchases.
- Printing Solutions: printed materials and can make all the difference to the perception of a business. Informing both the public and local authorities can help ensure a safe and interesting work environment though printing leaflets, signs, brochures and menus. Our suppliers will produce bespoke materials to meet your establishment’s individual requirements.
- Maintenance & Hardware: we offer a unique opportunity for our clients to receive a permanent discount on all purchases from Screwfix and 10% on the first order for first time buyers. Great savings are guaranteed but you must quote 'ShareCare' when you open an account with Screwfix in order to receive them.
- Specialist Suppliers: we have specially selected partners in areas such as Utilities, Health & Safety, Fire Safety and Accounting. We can help manage a tendering process and negotiate contracts which will help with greater annual savings and better pricing stability.
For full portfolio of Suppliers, click here.